My SCORE experience overall was fun and helped me learn a
lot. First off, I am not very good at taking criticism. Not in that I don’t want to change my ways,
but I think I get too emotional and caring about things when it’s not necessary
and I should just focus on getting get the job done.
Also, in the workforce you really can’t rely on other people, which we
learned the hard way as a result of skate night. I definitely over the course of the year
learned a ton about human trafficking.
Now, when I see things on the news I listen up and don’t take them so
lightly; terrible things like this happen close to home. In the future, I would love to work for a
nonprofit like Somaly Mam, but I really don’t think I would belong in the
fundraising department; I want to be out there making a difference. I obviously do not know what type of job I will
obtain in the future but in 4 years if all goes well I should have obtained my
Master’s Degree in Public Policy with my Bachelor’s in Political Science. I hope to go on to law school after that and
either work for the government or help run a nonprofit. After doing my research paper, I think that
if I were to work for a nongovernmental organization like Somaly Mam I would
want it to have an education initiative, because people can only help
themselves if they are educated enough to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.