Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blog 13


We came into class today frustrated about our event over the weekend.  Everybody was on edges, which just lead to conflicting ideas throughout the day.  Skate night was a complete failure.  Mother Nature didn’t really help us out on Saturday.  I can’t really blame people for not coming to skate on a 70 degree day because I didn’t really want to be there while all of my friends were beaching it, but since I was  I wish we made money.  It was very awkward being at the ice rink with just Nicole and the zamboni man.  He totally felt badly for us which made it even more uncomfortable.  Nicole and I did manage to sell baked goods to glittery girls leaving private skate lessons. 

Luckily, after exchanging a few checks of various amounts, the people at the rink decided not to charge us for the rental.  We really lucked out in this aspect because at least we weren’t losing money for the foundation.  They are mailing them back to my home address so I should have a check to void for Ms. Lumsden on the day of my presentation.  During my presentation I plan to reflect on what went wrong with this fundraiser and take the blame for my part in it.  I was extremely disappointed and embarrassed with the event, as was Nicole and we feel as though we have let the rest of the school and global issues community down by not reaching our goal.  Luckily we still have a few items to auction off within the school to hopefully make a couple hundred more dollars; bid away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.