Despite Ms. Epp describing the Backstreet Wordpress theme to
Nicole as “the Christmas present that seems perfect for someone but then is
either way too expensive or has a crack or stain on it so you can’t buy it” and
urging us not to show it to Wallimann for that very reason, we showed it to
him. And what do you know, he fell in
love. So, I obviously forced Nicole to break the news to Ms. Epp that
Backstreet was what we were going with.
She has been very helpful in showing us how to use Wordpress
and getting things started theme-wise.
At this point, I am still in classes, therefore I work less hours than
Nicole, so she is more focused on layout with me editing it when she is done,
and I am more text and context focused.
I like the way the site is coming
out. We recently added RSS feeds to the
bottom where relevant news topics and links can be added each year based on the
issue that the class is fighting against.
This year we have the New York Times on Human Rights, MEMO Coverage of
Somaly Mam, the Somaly Mam site, and WorldBuzz (the debate site). I think that this makes the site look pretty
legit and professional, personally. I am
also in the process of creating new Twitter and Facebook pages for the Gardner
Project which will be linked directly to the site via interactive icons. Things are looking pretty good right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.